For a comprehensive site offering a wealth of background and preparation for the next Sunday’s liturgy you will find this site very complete and helpful. Spending time to find your way around will pay rich dividends. I will continue the liturgy preparation for each Sunday as taken from the Scripture Backgrounds for the Sunday Lectionary – LTP; Living Liturgy for Sundays and Solemnity’s 2017 – Liturgical Press; Faith Catholic – Lansing Michigan; Daily Prayer 2017 – LTP. and a listing of intercessions from which to choose or prompt intercessions for your needs.
This hand carved wall relief of a rooster was removed
from Saint Peter Church in metropolitan Columbus, Ohio.
In The Light Of The Law, Ed Peters
HELPFUL ONLINE CATHOLIC RESOURCES
Biblical Evidence For Catholicism – Dave Armstrong
Word On Fire – Father Robert Barron
The Hierarchy of the Catholic Church – David M. Cheney
Decent Films – Steven Greydanus
Saint Paul Center For Biblical Theology – Scott Hahn
New Advent – Kevin Knight
In The Light Of The Law – Ed Peters
Defenders Of The Catholic Faith – Stephen K. Ray
What Does The Prayer Really Say? – Father John Zuhlsdorf
The Catherine of Siena Institute – Sherry Weddell
These were found in the Our Sunday Visitor for February 12, 2012
Resources for the journey: this PinionMarc web page offers a point of contact to promote
communications by presenting common “resources” to support the effort of those
interested in working or surfing in one of the following areas.
NOTE: The following links are active and functioning as of this modification date.
Viewing of this site is best done using the 600 x 800 monitor setting and Internet
– St. Louis County Consortium Library Catalogue https://www.slcl.org/
INTERNET SAFETY DOWNLOAD:
Did you know…
- Missouri is 8th in the nation when it comes to the number of offenders listed in state registries. [Source: Family Watchdog, LLC]
- In the state of Missouri, more sexual predators were federally indicted on a per capita basis that in any other state in the country. Additionally,
the number of cases prosecuted in the state of Missouri has more than tripled since 2000. [Source: US Department of Justice 3.22.07]
- More than 90% of both parents and kids could not identify the appropriate authority (i.e. local police, FBI, CyberTipline or an Internet
Service Provider) to report unwanted online incidents.[Source: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC)
2006–Online Victimization of Youth, 5 years later]
Here’s what you can do to keep your friends and family safe online:
- Learn About the Issues – Do your homework on the latest online trends and the potential risks. Please see resources below.
- Communication Is Key – Talk to your children and know who they are talking to/spending time with BOTH online and offline.
- Protect Your Identity – Think TWICE before posting personal information on the internet including names, passwords, contact information,
as well as pictures which could give clues about your life, where you live etc. REMEMBER: it it’s on the internet, it’s NOT PRIVATE!
- Take Action – Contact your local law enforcement and CyberTipline if you or someone you know feels threatened or in danger.
Together, these agencies will take steps to keep you and your family safe.
To find out more about Internet Safety,
Use these websites as a resource:
- INTERNET CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN (ICAC) Task Force of Missouri–
a law enforcement and community resource for the investigation and
prevention of online crimes:
- INOBTR.org “I Know Better…Do You?” is Missouri’s public awareness initiative to help keep children safe online
- CyberTipLine.com, The 911 of the Internet (1.800.THE.LOST) The 911 of the Internet,
the resource to report cybercrimes.
- ikeepsafe.org I Keep Safe Foundations website uses an animated icon/mascot named Faux Paw the Techno Cat to teach children and parents
the importance of protecting personal information and avoicing inappropriate places on the Internet
- netsmartz.org NetSmartz is the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s (NCMEC)
Internet Safety resource and education program targeting children K-12, parents and educators.
- projectsafechildhood.gov Project Safe Childhood (PSC) is a nationwide Department of Justice initiative
designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.
- webwisekids.org Web Wise Kids (WWK) is a non-profit organization specializing in providing easy to use,
school approved Internet safety education for youth ages 11-16.
Nations Growing Fiscal Imbalance– National Debt Comptroller General
Report Internet Fraud — 636.282.2222 or
Report Securities Fraud
Internet Privacy Tools
– Credit Card Fraud Recovery
Maintain Internet Privacy
* filter out adult sites
** ‘provide a family filter for screening out adult sites.
– GOOGLE *
– Teoma *
– Lycos **
~ ~ ~ Information, Reservations, Lodging: 1-866-646-0388.
– National Interagency Forest Service, Boise
~ ~ ~ General Information: 1.307.344.7381;
~ ~ ~ Lodging & Activities: 1.307.344.7311.
– Web M.D.
Courtesy of Virginia Smith, Author of God For Grownups
GOOD ADVICE: Place the contents of your wallet on a photocopy machine,
do both sides of each license, credit card, etc. You will know what you had
in your wallet and all of the account numbers and phone numbers to call and
1. Keep the photocopy in a safe place.
A corporate attorney sent this out to the employees in his company.
He shared the following information. We’ve all heard horror stories about fraud
that’s committed us in your name, address, SS#, credit, etc. Unfortunately the
author of this piece, who happens to be an attorney had firsthand knowledge,
because his wallet was stolen and within a week the thief ordered an expensive
monthly cell phone package, applied for a VISA credit card, had a credit line
approved to buy a Gateway computer, received a PIN number from DMV to change
the attorney’s driving record information online, and more.
But here’s some critical information to limit the damage in case this
happens to you or someone you know. As everyone always advises,
2. cancel your credit cards immediately, but the key is having the
toll free numbers and your card numbers handy so you know whom to call.
Keep those where you can find them easily.
3. File a police report immediately in the jurisdiction where it
was stolen, this proves to credit providers you were diligent, and is a first
step toward an investigation (if there ever is one). but here’s what is
4. MOST IMPORTANT: (I never ever thought to do this) Call the three
national credit reporting organizations immediately to place a fraud alert
on your name and SS#. The attorney had never heard of doing this until advised by a
bank that called to tell him an application for credit was made over the Internet in his name.
The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen and they
have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit. By the time he was advised to do this,
almost two weeks after the theft, all the damage had been done. There are records of all the
credit checks initiated by the thieves’ purchases, none of which he knew about before placing
the alert. Since then, no additional damage has been done, and the thieves threw his wallet away
(someone turned it in). It seems to have stopped them in their tracks. The numbers are: [as of July 7, 2004]
Experian (formerly TRW): 1-888-397-3742
Trans Union: 1-800-888-4213
Social Security Administration (fraud line): 1-800-269-0271
We pass along jokes; we pass along just about everything..
Do think about passing this information along. It could really help someone.
Humility and the Father’s Love
“Why did my Father give you power over me?
Because he wanted me to get very close to you
to show you the depths of his love for you;
not the distant love of a God
who sits on a throne in his heaven
and looks down on you on the earth,
but the love of a Father who longs to help you
to carry your burdens,
to comfort and heal you,
to give you every good gift.
He wants to come into your homes,
and to sit with you at your meals
as one of the family.
He wants to walk with you
as a beloved friend.
He could not do that himself
and so he sent me, his only Son,
to make his love known to you.
I could take on your weakness
and then act out my Father’s name which is Love.
Can you truly imagine the love of God?
Can you understand the depth
of your Father’s love for you?
The Father sent me to show you his love,
and to act it out among you
to give you an example to copy.
I am the image of your unseen Father;
in my life, and particularly in my passion,
I showed you the depths
to which love must be prepared to go.
There is no room for fear in love,
no room for shame,
Love offers everything
and expects no return.
You cannot bear the unveiled love of God.
It falls like a fire upon you
and you are consumed and burnt up in its heat.
You are not ready yet to be refined
and purified by the naked flame
of your Father’s love for you,
and so it has to be filtered,
mediated to you through my flesh.”
Richard Hobbs (+ 1993) was a convert to Catholicism and the father of six sons.