- Hallowed be Thy Name, not mine. Thy kingdom come, not mine. Thy will be done, not mine.
- Can you feel God’s encouragement? Can you sense in creation or in the presence of loved ones,
or just in your heart, that your Creator knows you and approves of you?
- The right amount of light we receive doesn’t depend on the voltage in the lines. Usually,
it’s the size of the bulb we use that makes the difference.
- God has given us unlimited power through His Son. But we cannot give His Light to the world
through small bulbs.
- Without charity, without adequate time for worship, without a dedication to service,
we have no right to expect great results.
- We are the light of the world! Do we expect God to give us the light to illuminate the earth,
but we’ve only plugged a 15-watt bulb into His power line?
- A voyage of discovery involves not seeking new landscapes, but seeing with new eyes.
- Because God loves you, you never stand alone. You can go beyond yourself.
You can ask forgiveness of those you’ve hurt. You can care for the weak.
You have the power to touch hearts with compassion. The power of God’s Love lies within you.
- Love sees through a telescope, not a microscope.
- There is nothing as strong as gentleness, or as gentle as true strength.
- Hope is putting Faith to work when doubting would be easier.
- Does someone in your life aggravate you? Does one of their habits frequently irritate you? Has a friend recently put you down? Does someone you know wish you harm? Jesus said an amazing thing: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Great and wonderful things happen when you do. It’s impossible to feel anger toward someone you’re praying for. God will improve your attitude and intensify your forgiveness.
- We go through life collecting bricks and steel bars of sin, hurt and doubt. This world tells us that we’re free to collect these thing, so long as we’re not hurting anyone. But the reality is that these bricks and bars add up. They build a priso cell arond our soul, keeping us from others, keeping us from God. We can see great beauty beyond those walls with a surrender to the Peace of Christ.
- Keep this thought handy to help brighten your day: God is absolutely, without a doubt, head-over-heels in love with you. He sends you flowers every spring, and a sunrise every morning. He could live anywhere in the universe. But he chose your heart.
- Worry is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If we add more worry, it can cut a deep channel through which all our other thoughts drain. Let your stream of worry trickle out of your mind — to God.
- Time on your knees will improve your standing.
- Remember the three R’s: Respect for yourself, regard for others and responsibility for all of your actions.
- Nothing to be thankful for? Check your pulse!
Inspirational Spots – Christmas 2005 and The conclusion of 2005
- God of Love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of Your Word made flesh.
- There must be some one to whom I could reach out, someone whose life I can bring a little Christmas joy.
- Make us a people of this light. Make us faithful to Your Word, that we may help bring Your Light into the darkness of waiting world.
- Not just family or friends – someone else will be remembering. It would be a nice Christmas gift for Our Lord on His birthday.
Suggestions for a happy Christmas celebration:
- Keep Christ in Christmas;
- Pause to consider the immensity of God’s gift of Christ to humankind;
- Be generous in giving to the needy;
- Plans for the happiness of those who are outside of your family and friends;
- Give gifts for the simple joy of sharing;
- Be patient and understanding with those who bear a burden at Christmas;
- Remember that just as Jesus the Christ is God’s Gift to us, we can make our celebration of His birth a gift to God.
- Born in a stable. A choice He made. Simplicity and poverty. A choice no temporal power or influence would have ever suggested.
A choice – God became man in a way no one would have ever guessed. Do you suppose He was trying to tell us something?
- Dear God, help me see that this is not just another day. Open my eyes so I can clearly see the unique promise that this day holds. Open my mind so I can clearly understand the message and messengers You send my way. Open my heart so I may lovingly accept the challenges, blessings and surprises that You so lovingly will provide me today.
Taken from Station KNOM’s 4-page newsletter published each month
Become a supporter of Alaska Radio Mission – Station KNOM, P.O. Box 988, Nome, Alaska 99762