A Nation Born for Religious Tolerance No Longer Tolerates Religion.
The Faith That Gave Birth to Tolerance is No Longer Tolerated!
Intolerance of traditional Judeo-Christian values is easing, as seen by a sampling of news headlines:
- How did America go from Pilgrims seeking freedom to express their Judeo-Christian beliefs to
today’s discrimination against those very beliefs in the name of tolerance?
- Ten Commandments taken down, “Under God” removed from Pledge, Prayer prohibited, Nativity Scenes
banned, Boy Scouts sued, Religious Art & Music censored, Salvation Army defunded, Christmas
Carols stopped, Bible called “hate speech,” Religious symbols erased off City Seals
- New Orleans, LA- ACLU sued to stop student led prayer. (12/11/01 AP)
- Virginia- ACLU sued to stop student moment-of-silence. (10/29/01 FoxNews)
- Santa Fe, NM- ACLU sued to stop student-led prayer before a football game and, in Adler case,
sued to stop a student-led message. (12/13/01 Liberty Counsel, lc.org)
- Virginia Military Institute- ACLU suit ended the 50-plus year tradition of meal prayer.
- New York- Kindergartner told she could not pray out loud before snack time. (4/12/02 CNSNews.com)
- Balch Springs, TX- Seniors told they could not pray over their meals at senior center.
- Seward, NE- Superintendent threatened to fire teacher who asked for prayer at a private
meeting because school was anticipating lay-offs. (7/02 Liberty Counsel lc.org)
- USA- The IRS said churches can’t pray for Bush victory. (10/04 WorldNetDaily.com)
- Cf., BACKFIRED, by author William J. Federer, p. 187ff
Discover How Tolerance Evolved:
From Puritans to Protestants to Catholics to Liberal Christians to Jews to Monotheists to Polytheists
to all Religions to Atheists to only Politically correct.
Reference: Backfired, by William J. Federer.
“From its beginning, the new continent seemed destined to be the home of religious tolerance.
Those who claimed the right of individual choice for themselves finally had to grant it to others.”
–Calvin Coolidge, May 3, 1925.
“The frustrating thing is that those who are attacking religion claim they are doing it in the name
Question: Isn’t the real truth that they are intolerant of religion?”
–Ronald Reagan, August 23, 1984.